Travel Photography Points of Interest
This community is for photography enthusiast and professionals. We discuss topics like:
- recommendations on what to see and photograph,
- personal experiences with travel photography destinations,
- advice on how, when and where,
- more and less known places of photography interest,
- events, festivals and other cultural attractions of photography interest.
In contrast to many other online forums, this one is more chatty and open-ended. You are NOT required to post only practical, answerable questions based on actual problems that you face.
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favourite ______?”
- your answer is provided along with the question, and you expect more answers: “I went to ______ and saw ______, what did you visited?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- we are being asked an open-ended, hypothetical question: “What if ______ happened?”
Are more than welcome here. If you would like to participate in a discussion about travel photography destinations, motives and general points of interest, you are in a right place.
All communication on this forum MUST be respectful. Some topics might be controversial, but the discussion must remain fun and friendly or they will be closed. Do not just rant and complain. We want to remain constructive.
Also, this forum is not an advertising or self-promoting platform. Before you provide any sort of commercial links (affiliate, self-promoting or otherwise), ask the owner for permission (contact me).
We support 2 languages on this forum. You can write in English or Slovene. With time and more high karma moderators, we might support other languages too. Let me know if you are interested.
- Answers should not add or expand questions. Instead either edit the question or add a question comment.
- Answers should not comment on other answers. Instead, add a comment on the other answers.
- Answers shouldn't just point to other Questions. Instead, add a question comment indication "Possible duplicate of...". However, it's ok to include links to other questions or answers providing relevant additional information.
- Answers shouldn't just provide a link with a solution. Instead provide the solution description text in your answer, even if it's just a copy/paste. Links are welcome but should be complementary to answer, referring sources or additional reading.
When a question or answer is upvoted, the user who posted them will gain some points, which are called "karma points". These points serve as a rough measure of the community trust to him/her. Various moderation tasks are gradually assigned to the users based on those points.
For example, if you ask an interesting question or give a helpful answer, your input will be upvoted. On the other hand if the answer is misleading - it will be downvoted. Each vote in favor will generate 10 points, each vote against will subtract 10 points. There is a limit of 200 points that can be accumulated for a question or answer per day. The table given at the end explains reputation point requirements for each type of moderation task.
Questions and answers can be edited like wiki pages by experienced users of this forum in order to improve the overall quality of question asked/information shared. Such privileges are granted based on user karma level: you will be able to do the same once your karma gets high enough.Here is a table with privileges granted to different karma levels